Wednesday, July 22, 2009
RD/9 Experience in course
I think so far this course has been very interesting and definitely applicable to both my current profession and education in general. Most of the technology tools I have wanted to learn more about like blogging and podcasts have been very beneficial for me. Especially since I am kind of "forced" to learn about both and then apply it by making my own. So far I have been able to figure things out on my own using the web sites and examples you have directed us to. I learn best by actively doing something so this has been the perfect format for me. I know once I get back into teaching I will be using the blogging and podcasting technologies for sure. I will be using the blogging personally as well. The social bookmarking tool is going to be one of my favorite tools because I bookmark so many sites and I use several different PCs. Photo sharing was relatively easy. Chapter 2: What is Instructional Design? was very interesting so I plan to use the ADDIE methodology to the extent I am able in the school setting. I think this is an appropriate first course for students pursuing a masters degree in this area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kathy, I too plan on using some of these technologies in my classroom. I planning to set up a blog to showcase my students' artwork. I plan to use delicious bookmarking both at home and at school. I'm still deciding about photo-sharing because my students are pretty young. I may decide to incorporate it into the blog.
ReplyDeleteDanelle Drake
I feel the same way too. Although I am not new to some of these technologies but I never really actually took time to use it. I always thought you need to be really good at computers to use them. This course has given the chance or forced me to use these technologies. It is very beneficial and I'm actually going to use some of these ideas in my class.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely a trial and error type of class. I'm sure that most people know that guys do not like to read instructions, I am no different. I like to just try things until I get it. That is what I have been doing in this class, and I have actually been able to figure it out like you. They make it pretty easy to understand. I really like the social bookmarking as well. That is one thing for sure I will be using on a personal basis. Blogging has been more fun than I first thought, too.
ReplyDelete